How did you fall in love with Finland?

Go down

How did you fall in love with Finland?

Post  Loveillness on Sat May 15, 2010 1:46 pm

The place, when you can tell a story about how you discovered Finland Like a Star @ heaven
Loveillness

View user profile http://twitter.com/loveillness

Back to top Go down

Re: How did you fall in love with Finland?

Post  Ruusu on Sat May 15, 2010 10:10 pm

My love of Finland started in a few ways... in the beginning I realized I knew nothing about this country called Finland. We were never taught about it in school, so out of mere curiousity I began to do my own research. Around the same time I was getting into the Finnish metal scene with bands like Nightwish. I also started reading about The Winter War and the the "White Death" and was absolutely amazed by the incredible things these people did during the war... it wasn't long before I started to love the music, history and the people! I soon discovered Finnish music with Finnish lyrics (like Indica and Uniklubi) and then fell in love with the language... in short: My love for Finland started out like a puzzle, with the discovery of small aspects, like the music or the language, that lead me to other parts of the great puzzle like the history, people and the land.. but it all started with one moment of curiousity and a lot of research!
Ruusu

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/exit_the_fall

Back to top Go down

Post  MustaJoutsen on Sat May 15, 2010 10:25 pm

I remember it was the time before I greaduated in 2000 when there was the first time HIM on the radio with "Join me".
I liked it but I didn´t pay that much attention to it.
Then there was the band The Rasmus with In the Shadows and I liked it but I just couldn´t fall in love with them. Lauri alwayw was weird to me.
After that, 2005 I was sitting on my bed and was talking on the phone, muted my TV and was watching some German Music TV. They played "The Moment of our love" and I was just thinking "What a beautiful woman" and then I turned on the volume.
Jonne just blew me away and shortlx after that they had the first show ever in Germany which was for free. I went there and I instatly fell in love.
After that I started again to listen to The Rasmus and HIM, made a lot of new friends, got in touch with other music from Finland, met my fiancee online through my online mag www.fin-joy.de.vu and decided to leave Germany for a while as an Au Pair in Finland.
Met my fiancee the first time, everything grew, I did a second year as an Au pair and now I am studying at an ammattikorkeakoulu (University of Applied Science) and next year we will get married at the tuomiokirkko in Helsinki (the big white church).
MustaJoutsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vima on Wed May 26, 2010 1:14 pm

well, the love for Finland began from HIM....

but when i visited the country....it blew my mind away!!!! first time ever, i was visiting a city and i didnt wanna go back home...felt like i was there in a previous life or something..hahaha

im planning to move there someday...all i have to do is send my resume somewhere...hahaha
vima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down